Looking for the ultimate combination between luxury and ergonomics? The Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper by Dreamfoam Bedding is a luxurious mattress topper and fits that bill perfectly. Being made of talalay latex instead of dunlop gives it a different kind of feel and vibe.
This mattress topper also comes with a soft bamboo cover which adds to the luxurious feel. Dreamfoam outdid themselves with this beautiful and high quality mattress topper. Let’s see what’s so fancy about this particular latex mattress topper.
The Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper does what it says on the box. It has high quality components and major benefits that will leave you wondering why it took so long for you to buy it. Let’s review the key parts that will make you the most happy.
What is talalay latex?
- Basically, you are just adding a couple of steps to the dunlop latex process.
- Latex sap comes from the tree and then is put in a centrifuge to “whip” it. After that, it is poured into a mold and baked. This would be where the dunlop process ends and the talalay process differs.
- The talalay process differs because instead of baking after they pour the latex in the mold, they actually seal it. Then, they complete the process in a vacuum.
- Flash-freezing seems like it is only a thing for delicious snacks, but the companies actually do this to your talalay mattress topper as well.
- NOW it’s ready to bake.
- Some prefer this over the dunlop latex process for a few different reasons, but the main one is that the cell structure is very consistent throughout the whole mattress topper vs. softer at the top and firmer at the bottom like the dunlop latex toppers.
- When you think of a luxurious bed, what do you think of? For me, it’s definitely some amazing sheets made of bamboo on a seriously comfortable mattress.
- That’s what Dreamfoam has done with this mattress topper. They covered it in a soft bamboo cover to help add more finesse to their product. Not only that, but this really adds longevity to both your mattress topper and the mattress itself by protecting everything with one more layer.
- The word hypoallergenic is thrown around a lot these days. I think it’s really important to understand what it means in this situation.
- It’s going to be free of known allergens. So many people struggle with allergies. Getting into bed at night shouldn’t be a time to dread your stuffy nose, itchy face, and watery eyes. You should be able to inhale deeply and fall asleep soundly.
- The Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper allows for just that.
- Some other latex toppers can have a distinct smell to them, while this one smells like air (a.k.a. nothing).
- Often times when you get a dunlop latex mattress topper it can have some kind of latex smell. While not harmful, it can be distracting and even bothersome to some buyers.
- The process that the talalay mattress topper undergoes seems to eliminate that smell. This just leaves one less thing to worry about going to bed.
Clean As a Whistle
- The Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper really doesn’t require cleaning. I know, I know, what a relief. One less thing, am I right?
- Seriously though, it is antibacterial, which is a huge benefit. You probably need one of these on everyone’s bed in your house.
- It also won’t get any mold, mildew, or the dreaded dust mites. All of these factors combined will leave you relieved. I mean, have you seen those specials on what is on your mattress or in your sheets? Yuck!
While all of those product highlights probably have you sold, you should know the downsides to the Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper as well. While they are few and far between, it is important in your decision making process to look at all of the information.
Synthetic Materials Included
- This is a big pitfall for some people. Talalay mattress toppers are really awesome until you hit this point. It’s not 100% natural. In fact, it’s only about 30% talalay latex and 70% filler products. Now, that may be a deal breaker for some while others won’t care.
- I think it really depends on what you are going to use the mattress topper for. If you are set on Talalay mattress topper for health reasons, I think the bamboo cover is a nice barrier between the topper and you.
Softer Than Some People Would Like
- There are multiple reports of this topper not being as firm as people would expect or desire. If you are looking for a really firm mattress, you can always double up on these, but it’s an added expense.
- Talalay is always less firm than the Dunlop toppers. If you are used to a soft Dunlop, then buy the medium talalay to get the same firmness. Likewise, if you are replacing a medium Dunlop, then get the firm Ultimate Dreams talalay latex topper.
- You might be better off with another topper if you really need a firm mattress. That’s okay, I’ve got other recommendations for you.
- Unfortunately, this 3 inch thick queen size mattress topper runs $350+. That is a pretty steep price. Part of having a talalay mattress topper means paying more. The process is more extensive and thus, takes more money input.
Not For Heavy Buyers
- There are also some complaints of heavier set buyers sinking in too far or losing the shape of the mattress topper. Now, that seems to be in the 175+ pound range. So, if you weigh less than that, you are probably safe. Heavy weight champs should get this one.
The Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper by Dreamfoam Bedding is an excellent mattress topper choice, especially if you like talalay latex over dunlop latex. If you don’t really care either way, there are still some benefits to this mattress topper. It does come with a high price tag which can be a major deterrent, along with the synthetic fillers.
I still think it is an excellent mattress topper choice. You are buying luxury here along with an ergonomically sound topper for your poor back and hips. The Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Mattress Topper by Dreamfoam Bedding is the ultimate talalay mattress topper choice.