Richard says: A steam room shower combo combines the steam room, a water shower, and other features.
Such as a Whirlpool Bathtub, Acupressure Massage, Aromatherapy, Foot Massage, Handheld Adjustable Shower heads, and a Rainfall Ceiling Shower.
Many people don’t have the room for a steam sauna, and don’t want to use a public steam room. So, a steam shower is a great option that will fit anywhere you already have a shower or bathtub.
Article written by Dr. Helcio Ferreira. Comments (in green) by Richard Quick.
Health Benefits of Steam Room Shower Combo vs. Saunas
The use of a steam room shower and sauna is quite beneficial for health and beauty.
Steam showers provide important benefits for skin care, respiratory disease management, toxin elimination. It can also provide you with well-being for the relief of chronic diseases or special conditions.
Steam Room Showers vs. Sauna
Temperatures reached in a sauna or steam bath session can be high. The main difference is the degree of humidity.
Following common sauna and steam room habits and advice will allow you to get more benefits from the session.
Steam Room vs. Sauna Differences
- The sensation of heat with a dry environment.
- The temperature that can be reached exceeds 194 ° F (90 ° C).
- It is a warm structure made of wood.
- The user can sit or stretch on wooden benches.
- A high degree of humidity
- The temperature does not usually exceed 122-158 ° F (50-70 ° C), although it may not seem so, since the humidity reaches 100%.
- Comfort, privacy and well-being at home
- The use of essential oils can enhance steam shower therapy
- Especially recommended for the management of respiratory diseases and skincare
- Complementary treatment for chronic pain relief
The choice between a sauna or a steam bath will depend on the preferences of each person. A steam room shower can provide you with a greater sensation of moisture in the skin.
Benefits of Sauna and Steam Room When Used Together
The use of the sauna and steam room is very beneficial for your health. Since you will feel comfortable and relaxed, among many other positive aspects of health and skincare.
Both therapies are indicated for the cleaning and elimination of toxins through the pores of the skin. These therapies can be used as an alternative treatment for body cleansing.
The steam shower can be an excellent complementary treatment in the management of inflammatory diseases. The steam can reduce inflammation and pain in muscle or joint discomfort.
The use of therapeutic sessions with the steam shower can provide relief to people suffering from joint disorders, rheumatic problems, or muscle injuries. 
Another significant benefit of the use of saunas and steam baths is the increase in blood circulation. Being able to increase the heartbeat by 30%, and improving the distribution of blood and oxygen to all body tissues.
Blood pressure may decrease during wet or dry heat sessions, depending on the body of each person. For this reason, it is recommended to avoid its use if you suffer from heart problems, hypotension, or women with risky pregnancies.
Tips For Using A Steam Room Shower Combo or Sauna
Before frequenting a sauna or a steam room, it is advisable to take a look at these tips for use.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or medication before entering a sauna or steam room.
- You must hydrate adequately (at least two glasses of water).
- Consult with the doctor in case of doubt or experiencing any strange sensation.
- Shower before entering the sauna.
- Use a towel as a hygienic habit, but without preventing the piece from preventing sweating properly.
- Perform the repetitions of the cycles in the case of the saunas. That is, go out to cool off after having been inside between 5-10 minutes, before returning to sweat. Performing one or two cycles is what is recommended as usual.
- Wear flip flops in steam room to avoid contamination of bacteria or fungi.
Benefits of Steam Room For Respiratory Diseases
Wet heat is emitted during the steam room, providing a very positive effect for the relief of respiratory problems.
Such as sinusitis, bronchitis, or respiratory allergies. The humidity of the steam bath is useful to improve the problems that these pathologies present.
Also, moist heat combined with essential oils, such as menthol or eucalyptus, can increase its effectiveness in the management of respiratory problems.
This is because, essential oils, along with moisture, help clean the airways, by eliminating excess mucus. 
Effects of Steam Room Usage
The main effect is a stimulation of the functionality of the skin. Such as, improving hydration, and helping deep cleansing of impurities.
In addition to these effects, we will find the following:
- Improvement of circulation, thanks to its vasodilator effects, will increase oxygenation in the skin. 
- It has an analgesic, relaxing action on the muscles. So that it will be ideal for creating those moments of relaxation or relief of muscle tension.
- It provides important benefits for respiratory diseases. Especially the cleaning of the airways, relief of bronchitis symptoms or respiratory allergies.
Effect of Steam Room For Skincare
The steam penetrates the different layers, facilitating the removal of dead skin fragments, pimples, and blackheads.
Also, the toxins that the body accumulates through food and the environment are expelled. Which results in a more hydrated, shiny, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
The use of a steam room activates natural collagen production and cell regeneration.
This effect stimulates the repair of damaged tissues and accelerates healing. While returning elasticity to the skin and reducing the adverse effects of the sun and the passage of time.
Benefits For Mental Health, Self-Esteem, and Well-Being
All the medical and aesthetic benefits that a steam room brings to the body also have an impact on mental and emotional well-being.
Many people experience an increase in their self-esteem, and gaining self-confidence. Even when they interact with other people.
The fact of increasing self-esteem and, at the same time, feeling more relaxed (thanks to the incidence of heat in nerve endings), in turn, affects mood.
Thereby moving away from negative thoughts, sadness, and depression. 
Benefits of The Steam Room After Workout
Taking a steam bath after a day of exercise is a means of relaxation that allows for rapid recovery and balance.
There is scientific evidence published in 2014 through the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and the Ludwik Rydygier University of Poland institutions, that support the claim that steam bath and sauna can reduce the effects of oxidative stress. 
It is advisable to take a steam room shower after workout, to enhance the impact of physical exercise on the body; these benefits are:
- Improvement in circulation and increased blood flow
- Stimulates the release of toxins
- Relaxation of muscles and stiff joints
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Hydrates the skin and improves complexion
Can You Burn Calories In The Steam Room?
The effect of steam and heat can naturally increase the heart rate.
The use of the steam room after training can prolong the elevated heart rate, stimulating the burning of calories.
However, the steam room must be used properly to lose weight.
The steam room alone is not indicated to lose weight, but it can be used as support for the weight loss process.
Toxin Elimination and Relaxation
A steam room session can make you sweat more than your workout.
Sweating stimulates the expulsion of toxins from your system during training.
Also, steam can provide the same benefits by increasing perspiration and elimination of toxins.
Sweating can help you sweat toxins through your skin effectively.
Heat and steam also relax the muscles you have worked, reducing the possibility of injury.
Muscles begin to rebuild once they rest, and a steam room shower can enhance that effect.
Blood Flow Improvement
The heat of the steam room stimulates the dilation of the blood vessels. Especially those blood vessels that are close to the surface of the skin.
The steam room shower increases blood flow in the body, which also helps muscle repair. While taking a steam bath, even if you are sitting, your blood pressure is maintained, but your heart rate increases due to increased flow. 
Increasing the heart rate is essentially a type of exercise for your cardiovascular system. It can improve your endurance during your aerobic training.
Advantages of A Steam Room Shower Combo
A steam room shower combo has the following advantages:
- Relax that daily accumulated stress that built up throughout the day.
- It improves rest, if you take a shower before going to bed, as it helps to increase the quality of sleep.
- Help calm headaches.
- Partially reduces muscle aches.
- It generates skin elasticity.
- Soothes and relieves muscle tension.
- It eliminates toxins by acting in combination with pressurized water jets and heat. It can exfoliate the skin.
- Many people enjoy this excellent type of shower for bathing and cleaning.
- It can have a horizontal water jet configuration, which allows its use for people with reduced mobility.
- On the other hand, it reduces water consumption since it occupies less space than a bathtub.
Benefits of Steam Room Shower For Skin Cleansing
The steam treatment on the face has benefits that help improve the appearance of the skin, eliminate impurities and wrinkles.
Stimulates Blood Circulation
The vapor causes the blood vessels to expand and improve their circulation. This helps to renew the cells, increases the absorption of nutrients for the skin, and balances blood pressure.
During the steam bath, the heat penetrates the cells causing them to open and thus eliminates all impurities and toxins.
It Helps Eliminate Blackheads, Excess Skin Oils, and Pimples.
The steam can provide better conditions for cleaning the skin.
After a steam room session, the skin surface is suitable for exfoliations, and all types of facial cleansing. The skin can also more effectively absorb moisturizing and other cream types of treatments.
Hydrates and Improves The Appearance Of The Skin
The steam treatment is ideal for tired skin. You can add aromatic herbs such as chamomile or lavender, green tea, among others. They help you release toxins or dead cells, for cleaning and relaxing your skin.
Use of Essential Oils During The Steam Shower
During the steam shower session, the circulatory system becomes dynamic. The pores of the skin are thoroughly cleaned, and a large number of endorphins are released. These, endorphin hormones allow you to experience well-being and relaxation. 
Depending on the effect you want to obtain, relaxing, decongestant, or antibacterial essential oils can be used in a steam room. Thus, you are able to increase the feeling of relaxation and well-being.
Essential Oils For Use In The Steam Room
- Wild pine essential oil: This oil has refreshing and revitalizing virtues, improving respiratory comfort.
- Birch: its properties help release tension from the muscles and skin; it is antibacterial and astringent.
- Eucalyptus: it has purifying, refreshing properties, and provides decongestions of the bronchi.
- Rhododendron: relieves back and rheumatic pain, associated with changes in temperature and weather.
Essential Oils To Reduce Stress
- Roman chamomile: it has a fresh, sweet, and fruity perfume. It is known for its sedative and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bitter orange (citrus aurantia): relieves stress, calms, and decreases the problems of fat digestion or insomnia.
- Fine lavender: It has soothing and relaxing effects. It also helps you to fall asleep (ideal for people with sleep disorders problems).
- Hawthorn: This oil has a fruity and acidified perfume, stimulates blood flow.
- Sandalwood: It has a woody and soothing perfume, helps eliminate scars, and is an emotional regulator.
Special precautions should be taken before a steam bath session. If you feel any discomfort or changes in your body, consult your doctor immediately.
- Do not take more than two sessions per day and do not exceed five sessions in a week. Since this type of practice drains a lot of fluid from the body, which must be replenished with drinks rich in electrolytes.
- People suffering from heart problems should not enter steam baths or saunas without the authorization of their doctors, as they may suffer complications when exposed to high temperatures.
- It is not recommended for people with varicose veins or blood circulation problems.
- Pregnant women should stay away from steam showers because excessive warming of the uterus can harm the baby.
- Do not exercise during the steam shower due to increased dehydration.
The health benefits of steam room use are many, but if medical conditions prevent their use, let me make a suggestion.
A far infrared sauna can be used by people with high blood pressure, heart problems and other cardiovascular diseases.
A second option is red light therapy, which is inexpensive and FDA approved.
Third, you could also use near infrared therapy, which is oftentimes used with the red light therapy, or by itself.