The Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper by Sleep on Latex came in at number two on my top five list.
It is high quality, eco friendly, and very comfortable.
All of that comes in a package that is highly rated by many reviewers.
Pure Comfort For Any Sleeper
Pure Green feels like a very subtle way to say this thing is straight from nature to your bedroom. I really can appreciate the trouble Sleep on Latex has gone to to make this mattress topper.
PROS of The Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper
There are a lot of key points I want to hit on with the Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper by Sleep on Latex. I really want to drive home the quality of this product and the lengths they go to to get it that way.
Holds Its Shape
- This mattress topper really stays its same shape. No amount of tossing and turning or sleeping in the same spot every night seems to change the composition or firmness.
- Having a firm mattress can help with a few ailments including sore back and hips. They can align your body well at night so you wake up refreshed and ready to go in the morning. If your mattress is too soft, this topper can add some firmness to support your back. You won’t wake up feeling like Oscar the Grouch anymore.
- Okay, maybe it doesn’t last forever. None the less, it’s a very durable mattress topper and will last a very long time. In fact, it even tested 99/100 for durability. That’s incredible!
- Not only that, but it is going to extend the life of your mattress as well. I love that you can really count on this to go those extra miles. Save yourself some time and money on buying a whole new mattress. The company even comments that it may outlast your mattress.
Note From Richard: The top surface of any mattress is always where the mattress wears out first. On foam beds the top layer of foam is the softest layer. Being soft, it is also the easiest to wear out. On coil mattresses, the coils do not wear out, but the material on top of them does. By using a mattress topper on top of your new bed, your bed should never wear out, because the topper is taking all of the abuse. It is not unusual for a firm latex mattress topper to last 10-20 years. I have even heard of one that was used for 30 years!
100% Natural Latex
- No synthetic materials or weird fillers. No harsh chemicals. Nor any random pieces to the puzzle you have to google at 2 in the morning to make sure it’s not going to destroy your immune system. Just 100% Natural latex. That’s IT. You are welcome.
- Have I hammered this into your head yet? I think it’s a really important feature, if not the most important feature of this mattress topper. This company, Sleep on Latex, really has outdone itself.
- Safety also comes into play here. Not everyone thinks of this when they are researching mattresses and toppers but it is in the back of some minds. A safe mattress means not having to worry about sleeping on this thing, night after night, for years to come. If you have ever had a questionable mattress that has a chemical smell, that thought has definitely crossed your mind.
Don’t just take my word for it. The Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper by Sleep on Latex has undergone thorough testing and received multiple certifications such as:
- Greenguard Gold Certified
- Oeko-Tex Class 1 Certified
- EcoInstitut Certified
CONS to The Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Of course, there is going to be a downside to such an incredible mattress topper. Although, I will say that even these shouldn’t stop you from purchasing it.
Firmness Level Softer than Anticipated
- I would suggest the 2 inch or 3 inch topper. Buyers have complained that it is softer than what they thought it would be. So, if you are looking for a firmer mattress topper, I would be getting the thicker 3 inch topper.
- Also, you can always double up. Grab another 1 inch topper to make it extra firm. The company even states, it’s sometimes impossible to make a soft mattress firm, but they can at least help.
Richard says: A foam mattress or foam bed is made of several layers. Each layer is a different firmness. Normally the firmest layer is on the bottom, and the softest is on the top. By putting a firm latex mattress topper on your bed, you can add some firmness…However, since you are putting it on the softest layer of the bed, that soft layer will not provide the ideal amount of support for your new topper. Therefore, there is no guarantee that a soft bed can be made firm enough to suit everyone.
- There have been a few complaints of an odor that emits from this topper. While it is void of any harmful chemicals, this can still be disruptive to your sleep environment.
- On the same hand, there have been many buyers that say the mattress topper has lacked an odor. I think this one might be a little bit on the fence. Some people do have more sensitive noses than others.
- Any odor from this topper is nothing compared to the smell of memory foam.
- Collecting latex sap and processing it is much more expensive than making a memory foam topper. So, don’t be comparing apples to oranges.
- Click here to check the price on the 3 inch thick queen size. That’s NOT a lot of money for a latex mattress topper. Keep in mind that smaller and thinner toppers will be less expensive.
- You are getting an incredibly great topper. Just keep in mind that you are getting a quality product that is going to last a very long time.
Note from Richard: The 1 inch and 2 inch thick toppers are less expensive. Generally speaking, thicker is almost always a better choice for most people. To cut your initial cost, buy a thinner one and then add another one to it later.
- I haven’t found this complaint often enough for it to be a major concern. However, some buyers have stated that the mattress toppers yellow coloring has leaked into their sheets or mattress after some time. This seems to be fairly rare but it is still something to consider.
- I don’t think this would be anything other than a natural secretion so there isn’t any health hazard to be concerned about I wouldn’t think. I would be more scared for my sheets or mattress than anything else. A simple mattress topper cover would go a long ways with this guy.
- If you are really concerned about this, get the Vytex Latex topper.
The 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper by Sleep On Latex is a great choice for a natural latex mattress topper. It has the firmness, certifications, and environmental properties I look for in a natural latex mattress topper. You can count on it to see you through and through. Remember, it might even outlast your mattress!
On the downside, like any company, they may have a processing glitch now and then. I still stand by it being a quality product and recommend it for you if you are a firm mattress lover. You and your back will thank you. Available from Amazon.
If you would prefer an organic latex topper, check out my article on the Nestled Topper
Return to the Full Stride Health home page.