The use of herbal medicines improve eye health naturally can be traced back to 60,000 years in Iraq. The Greeks, known for their medical expertise, relied on herbs to treat and cure diseases. With time the pharma industry evolved, and we have genetically engineered drugs, yet the use of herbal medicines remains constant.
Herbs play a vital role in treating chronic diseases and many other infections. They have a high acceptance rate in the human body, with minimal side effects. They also have a feel-good effect on humans, which is essential in old age.
Senior citizens require light medications and herbs suit them. However, many senior home cares ignores this fact and provide generic medicines to the elderly that affects their health. However, some centers in Seal Beach senior in-home care, CA, pay attention to the elder’s needs. They are well-equipped and well managed. Where the elderly could call it their home and where they are nourished and taken care of.
Herbal Supplements to Improve Eye Health Naturally
Herbal supplements have a long association with eye care. There are some uncelebrated eye-care herbs that everyone needs to add to their diet. Some of them are listed below;
1. Ginkgo Biloba is an antioxidant that increases blood flow to the retina and nourishes nerve cells.
2. Coleus reduces the potential of potential glaucoma by reducing fluid production in the eye.
3. Eyebright is essential for quick recovery from conjunctivitis
4. Turmeric reduces oxidation in the eyes
5. Grape seeds contain antihistamines and antioxidants that promote eye care.
6. Indian Gooseberry has antioxidants that ensure a healthy eye.
7. Holy Basil protects the eye from free radicals and oxidative stress.
8. Bilberry contains antioxidants called Anthocyanins that improve vision
Contains: Eyebright, Bayberry Bark, Goldenseal Root, Red Raspberry Leaf & Cayenne Pepper. Recommended by Richard. Get it now > Click Here
9. Green tea or a green tea extract has antioxidants that clean up free radicals.
10. Wolfberries are also known as goji berries are the traditional Chinese herbs that lubricate the eye and improve eyesight
11. Chrysanthemum flower tea has an abundance of Beta carotenes and Vitamin B and cures watery eyes and spotty and blur vision.
12. Buddleia is a flower bud that improves light sensitivity, dim eyesight, and extra eye secretions.
Wolfberries is commonly known as Goji berries. Click here now.
13. Alpha lipoic acid reduces eye cell damage and cataract risk
14. Selenium is a mineral that protects against eye damage.
You should always take these herbs with other nutrients like;
- Vitamin C helps reduce the risk for glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
- Vitamin E slow down the cataract growth
- Zinc oxide strengthens retinal cells and helps prevent blindness from macular degeneration.
- Copper ensures eye health
- Lutein lowers the risk for cataracts and macular degeneration
- Zeaxanthin protects the eye from damage as it blocks damaging blue light from reaching the inner structures of the retina
How Do Herbal Supplements Work to Improve Eye Health Naturally?
An ophthalmologist will have the knowledge and tools to properly diagnose and treat vision problems. However, herbal treatments for minor vision problems might be effective. Discuss with your doctor any herbal treatment you are considering to use.
Unlike many medicines, many herbs do not cause a hormonal imbalance. They improve blood circulation and the healthy growth of cells due to the abundance of essential minerals.
Many scientists agree with the use of herbs for eye care. Many western doctors recommend using herbal supplements instead of eye care instead of eye drops or other drugs due to the high side effects of eye drops etc.
You might have noticed that once you use an eye drop, you must rely upon it frequently. It is not unusual for pharmaceuticals to have side effects. Such as providing relief if used continuously, but causing additional distress after stopping usage. The costly drops etc., are more of a burden on the patient than relief.
Eye health is essential for every individual, especially the working class who faces a screen for more than six hours daily. Instead of buying expensive chemicals, consult a doctor and add herbs to your daily diet. These will not only improve your eye health but may have a positive impact on other organs as well. Remember, prevention is always better than cure.
Natural Treatment for Macular Degeneration: Lutein, Zeaxanthin & Meso-zeaxanthin