20% of Americans drink water treated with chloramine, which can create toxins in your water.  The Aquasana chloramine water filter EQ 400 whole house filter will remove the toxins, chloramines and chlorine to protect your health.
Chloramine is created by the water department by adding chlorine to the water and then ammonia. Phew! Who wants to drink that?
In A Hurry To Remove Chloramines? Click Here Now
Why Do I Need The Aquasana Chloramine Water Filter?
Chloramines will not dissipate from your glass of water for several days to a week or more. So, don’t be surprised that your water smells bad or tastes bad.
The ammonia part of the chloramines can be oxidized and transformed into nitrate, which has several negative health problems. This can happen in the water line before it gets to your house.
This is just a guess on my part, but if nitrates can form in the water lines, they can probably also form in your stomach where the chloramines react with your food.
Unfortunately, the story of chloramines gets worse. Too many nitrates are dangerous for pregnant women and babies. Such as neural tube defects that result in spina bifida and anencephaly. 
Adults are also at risk of thyroid disease and colorectal cancer from nitrates. Even worse, these diseases can be caused by nitrate levels that are actually BELOW legal limits. 
Catalytic Carbon Filtration Removes Chloramines
Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC) and activated carbon block filters will remove the chlorine from water. However, the activated carbon must be turned into catalytic carbon to remove chloramines.
Catalytic carbon is created by treating the activated carbon with high temperature nitrogen gas. Which makes the surface of the carbon more electrically reactive, much like ion exchange resins. Or something similar to the catalytic converter on your car.
As you can see in the image above, the catalytic activated carbon filter is the large tank on the bottom. It removes the chloramines, volatile organic chemicals (VOC), pesticides and herbicides.
The upper tank has a KDF filter media made of copper and zinc that removes chlorine, iron, toxic metals, and prevents bacteria growth in the system.
The Aquasana chloramine water filter EQ 400 Rhino filter starts with the sediment prefilter which is very important. Without the prefilter the rest of the system will get plugged up much faster and will cost you more money and aggravation.
Sediment prefilters remove larger particles like sand, rust, and undissolved minerals. The bigger the prefilters are, the longer they will last between replacements.
Also, if you have well water, you will have more sediment to remove than city water does. So, get the 20″ prefilter instead of the 10″ size.
The last filter is called a post-filter, because it comes after the main filtering system has done its job. The post-filter has a very small, 0.35 micron, particle filtering ability. It catches everything that the larger micron filters did not. For example the sediment prefilter is a 5 micron filter.
Benefits Of The Aquasana Chloramine Water Filter EQ 400 Rhino
- Removes chloramines, chlorine, lead and other toxic metals, herbicides, VOCs, pesticides, and more.
- Eliminates the smell of chlorine from your shower. More importantly your skin and hair will be softer, and smoother, because it is no longer absorbing toxic chemicals.
- Provides 7 gallons of water per minute. If you need more than that, just double up with two systems.
- Will filter out the chloramines from 400,000 gallons of water. For a family of four people, that could last as long as six years.
- Removes giardia and cryptosporidium cysts.
- 90-day 100% money-back guarantee.
- Limited warranty of 4 years.
- Unique upper and lower tank design prevents clogging and water channeling that other filter systems have problems with.
- The main filter tanks are very easy to remove and replace – with no mess.
- Food cooks faster and has a much better taste.
- Doesn’t waste water like reverse osmosis systems or back flushing systems. If water is expensive or hard to get where you live, then get this Aquasana chloramine water filter system.
EQ-400 Rhino Installation Requirements and Tips
- First, make sure you have enough space for the system. Width 39 inches, Length (depth towards the wall) 10.5 inches, Height 57 inches, Weight 67 pounds.
- Second, the main tanks need to be flushed out before use. Just connect a garden hose (adapter is supplied) and slowly turn on the water. Let it run for 15 minutes and then stop for 30 seconds, and then on again for 30 seconds. This is called “surge flushing”. Do the surge flushing for about 15 minutes to get out all of the tiny, black, activated carbon specks.
- Make sure your water pressure is between 20 psi – 100 psi. If your water pressure is too low, you will need a booster pump. However, if the water pressure is too high, then install a pressure regulating valve.
- The water passing through the Aquasana chloramine water filter needs to be between 40° – 90°F.
- Protect the system from direct sunlight and freezing temperatures.
- The Aquasana EQ 400 must be installed with the filters in a vertical position. This will permit the filter media to operate properly as designed.
- Main tank (with upper and lower chambers)
- Pre-filter with supporting bracket
- Post-filter with supporting bracket
- Shut-off valve
- Slip unions (3)
- 3” nipples (6)
The supplied installation Unions and Nipples are plastic and can be damaged if over tightened. I highly recommend getting the Pro-Grade Install Kit which has brass connections instead of plastic.
Also, the Pro-Grade Install kit also has a 20 inch prefilter instead of the standard 10 inch one. That means fewer filter changes – especially if you have well water. Also, included is a shut off valve and PEX tubing support brackets, but not the PEX tubing.
Replacing The Aquasana EQ 400 Whole House Water Filters
The sediment pre-filter (EQ-304) needs to be replaced when no part of it is still white colored, like it was when new. If you notice that your water pressure or water flow rate has decreased, be sure to check the sediment filter, and replace it as needed.
The entire main tanks (EQ-400R) are entirely replaced after filtering 400,000 gallons of water. So, make a note of your water meter’s reading and replace when you have used 400,000 gallons.
Simply twist off the connectors, slide out the old tanks, slide in the new tanks, and re-tighten the connectors. You’ll be done in a few minutes with no mess.
You do NOT need a plumber to replace the main tanks.
The Post-filter (EQ-PFC.35) is supposed to be replaced every 9 months. Just put it on your calendar.
The 4 Year Aquasana Limited Warranty
In addition to the 4 year warranty, there is also the 90-day, 100% money-back guarantee.
This warranty covers any manufacturing defects of materials and workmanship for 48 months from the purchase date. If a defective part needs to be repaired or replaced Aquasana will pay the postage.
One requirement is that the system be installed by a licensed plumber and that you have a receipt from the plumber for any warranty work needed. All the parts used for installation must be genuine Aquasana parts.
To register your purchase, or to get warranty service, contact Aquasana, Inc. at 1-866-662-6885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Should You Buy The Aquasana Chloramine Water Filter?
The simple answer is “yes”. Click Here Now
Are you drinking city water? Then you need this Aquasana EQ 400 filtration system to protect your family from the common pollutants that are making America sick, causing birth defects, cancer and more.
Got well water? There are additional components that will make your water better than you can buy anywhere. Click Here To Check It Out
1. EPA: Chloramines in Drinking Water
2. Drinking Water Nitrate and Human Health: An Updated Review
Return to the home page of FullStrideHealth.com